More than 70% of the population lives in rural community, and more than 50% of the population is involved in agriculture in most developing countries. However, such countries show low productivity. It is because those countries suffer from lack of infrastructure and resources along with other reasons. Human resources may be one of the most critical factors. Capacity building through education is an important to achieve Sustainable Development Goals. IEEC aims at producing 3,000 trainees in a year and plans to foster global experts for rural community through educational programs related to development of agriculture and rural community.
- Providing professional education based on both theory and practice
- As an organization that has implemented and managed more than 1,330 projects buildings, and electricity to provide education courses for all the steps of projects covering planning, design, construction and management, IEEC has proper educational infrastructure based on both theory and practice. IEEC can develop and provide integrated education courses covering rural area development, agricultural facilities and infrastructure.
- Accumulated training know-how for more than 40 years
- IEEC has know-how accumulated to provide training for about 3,000 people from about 100 different countries from 1976 to 2017.
- Operating a pool of experts for international training and about 250 instructors in different fields.
- IEEC has experts dedicated to international training with a pool of in-house instructors and about 250 external instructors for different field from all over the world.
- Continued networking and follow-up for technical support
- Trainees will benefit from continued network management covering e-mails, technical support and alumni after they completed training.
Knowledge sharing courses consist of general and customized (specially designed) ones, and the customized courses can meet the specific needs or demands of the participating countries.
General courses are short-term ones (2 to 3 weeks) proper for general
purposes of rural development, increased income, water resources management,
farmland development and climate change.
- Rural development and increased income
- Rural development strate-gies
- Improvement in rural life environment
- Local community and its or-ganization
- Increase in agricultural income
- Irrigation development and maintenance
- Irrigation development strategies
- Irrigation water and facility management
- Irrigation water quality man-agement
- Disastermanagement (droughts, floods)
- Farmland development and management
- Farmland development strat-egies
- Farmland expansion
- Farmland utilization and man-agement
- Farmland management sys-tems
- Response to climate change in agriculture and rural community
- Understanding of climate cha-nge
- Analysis of climate change and its impact
- Mitigation and response to cl-imate change
- New and renewable energy
Customized courses are based on a curriculum that can be organized to meet the different needs and demands in a variety of fields covering policy, strategy, technology, operation and management that may vary depending on countries.
RIntegrated courses for development of agriculture and rural community
- Saemaeul movement, capacity building, regional development, improved welfare
- ICT based integrated water management systems
- Training for agricultural machinery, etc.